Smoky Mountain Outlet Malls
When you think shopping in East Tennessee, Pigeon Forge is likely to come to mind. The growing Smoky Mountain town has arguably become the place to shop in the southeast over the past couple of decades, and due mainly to its outlet malls. Craft shops lured visitors in years ago and provided unique Appalachian gifts that were nearly impossible to find anywhere else, but as more and more specialty stores began popping up, Pigeon Forge saw its first large outlet mall.
The Belz Factory Outlet Mall opened up on the north end of Pigeon Forge with a couple of outdoor strip malls flanking it on the sides and in the front. Across the parkway from the Belz mall is Walden's Landing, which also boasts a miniature golf course. For a complete Smoky Mountain guide info, visit the Smoky Mountain Mall website and get recommendations for Smokies itineraries, Pigeon Forge TN and Gatlinburg cabin rentals, with lots of photos, a calendar of events, great dining recommendations and much more. If outlet shopping in Pigeon Forge is your thing, I would highly suggest sliding over to Five Oaks Tanger Outlet Mall in Sevierville (about 1/4 mile from the Pigeon Forge City limit). While not "technically" in Pigeon Forge, the Five Oaks Tanger outlet mall offers the highest quality retail shopping and many of your favorite stores. Some of the stores you'll find at Five Oaks are:
There are also numerous restaurants, including Chop House, if your hunger gets the best of you while shopping. Here's a few helpful tips I highly suggest reading before heading out to Five Oaks.
- J. Crew
- Old Navy
- Under Armour
- Banana Republic
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Children's Place
- Jones New York
- Polo Ralph Lauren
- Brooks Brothers
- Strasburg Children
- American Eagle
- Pac Sun
- Bath & Body Works
- plus many many many more
If you follow just one of those tips, you'll have a better time than most. There are lots of bargains and a lot of stores...don't get overwhelmed and pack a TON of patience. The parking, lines, and waits to eat can be a pain at times...but such is the price apparently for a sweet pair of shoes! Oh, and my personal vote for lunch and dinner would be The Chop House located right in the middle of the mall. Their soup & salad for lunch is hard to beat in taste & price!
- GO EARLY - A no-brainer, especially if you're going on a weekend. Plan on arriving before the mall opens (9am on Saturdays and 10am on Sundays). The parking lots fill up quickly and it soon turns into a game of musical chairs trying to find someone leaving. The best area to be in (if you plan on hitting most of the stores) is around The Chop House. This way you can shop at the store in the front of your mall and drop of your bags as you make your way to the back of the mall.
- Have a Backup Parking Plan - If you're not planning on arriving early, and don't find a parking spot, drive straight to the back and go down the small road between Tommy Hilfiger and Banana Republic. This road circles back behind Old Navy and comes out right beside the Disney outlet. Behind Old Navy is a parking garage and a field for overflow parking.
- Shopping Coupons and Discounts - Coupon books are available at the mall offices, and can potentially save you a ton of money. Be sure to also visit the outlet's coupon page for the best coupons and discounts for their stores: http://www.tangeroutlet.com/center/SEV/coupons/by_brand
- Have a Plan - Know what stores are available before you go by visiting The Five Oaks Directory to see the full list of stores and even download a printable map with store locations and phone numbers!
- Dress Smart - This is an outdoor strip mall so you're gonna be doing a lot of walking. Wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. It could be hot, cold, wet, or dry...be prepared! You'll enjoy shopping much more when your "dogs aren't barking" (That's southern for "my feet hurt!")
- Fun for the Spouse and Kids - If your husband and children need something to do then they will love the Ripley's Old McDonald Miniature Golf & Arcade! The NASCAR Speedpark is also within walking distance and provides enough fun for the entire day...you'll probably be ready to go before they will be!
- Ask About Return Policies - Some outlet store purchases cannot be returned to their "normal" stores you may find in another town. Be sure to ask where you are allowed to return or exchange your purchases.
- The Tanger Guarantee - Any purchase made at Five Oaks is apparently guaranteed in price for 30 days after your purchase. If you find it advertised cheaper somewhere else, then bring the advertisement in with your receipt to the mall office and they will refund you the difference!
Map to Five Oaks Mall in Sevierville, TN View Larger Map
Address: 1645 Parkway, Suite 960 Sevierville, TN 37863 Phone: (865) 453-1053 Fax: (865) 429-8626
Regular Hours: Monday - Saturday 9:00am - 9:00pm Sunday 10:00am - 7:00pm